Sunday 23 June 2013

"Down Memory Lane"



This stunning surrealist painting inspired me to write another poem.



"Down Memory Lane"

This dreaded malady robbing precious glimpses of times and things past,
my prognosis of Alzheimer's dictating what the fates cast,
the clinging to ghostly reflections and experiences of the cerebral process, 
inspires me to wage war on my new enemies time and aimlessness,
thoughts pervade the eroding cognitive operation to seek sanctuary,
by walking the path down memory lane to times more happy. 

nostalgia swells within my being offering backward glimpses worth seeing,
safer times offer comfort to the Pilgrim entering this wondrous place of healing,
memories coming thick and fast will they stay will they last,
anxieties,irritation and stress momentarily exorcised in this oasis of the past,
to stay and take refuge from the crafty evil MrAlzheimer, 
to keep walking the path down memory lane to times more happier.

No comments:

Post a Comment